Video and Film Prompting - Rates/Options
Rates for Thru the Lens prompting
Camera prompting system includes:
- Computerized prompting workstation
- Thru-the-lens or stand mounted prompter with beamsplitter
- Qualified prompter operator (deliver, setup, and operate)
- Per 10 hour day = $700
- 1/2 Day, five hour rate = $500
- Our rates are PORTAL to PORTAL from San Francisco
- Mileage is charged at the going rate for shoots outside of San Francisco
- Parking charges will be added to invoice unless other arrangements are made
- Please familiarize yourself will all of our Terms and Conditions.
Option 1: Camera mounted prompter
Our 15" prompters come with flexible hardware and adapters to mount with just about any camera rig.
Whether you're using a full size ENG camera, or an SLR style... we can get your camera mounted together with the prompter.
The advantage of mounting it all together is that if your camera moves - pans/tilts/dollies - then the prompter moves with it. You'll need a strong camera support system to handle the extra 15lbs of the prompter hardware. Also, this option requires a little more time to set up and fine tine.
Option 2: Stand mounted prompter
This is the perfect setup for simple shoots that won't require a lot of camera movement.
The prompter and mirror are mounted on a rolling stand, and can be placed directly in front of the camera lens, without having to be mounted WITH the camera.
This rig works with ANY camera and doesn't require fine tuning/balancing the mount so it's quick to set up. Short pans and zooms are fine with this rig, but are limited because the camera must be stationary.
Option 3: Jib/Handheld prompter
Our 9" ultra-light prompter also comes with flexible hardware and adapters to mount with just about any jib or Steadicam type rig.
In almost all cases, we can get your camera mounted together with the prompter.
Since the monitor is small in order to be lightweight, the readable distance for your talent will be reduced. Please consider this when planning your shots. Also, this option requires a little more time to set up and fine tine.
Other solutions include Over-the-Shoulder and Eye-to-Eye systems.