Over Shoulder Prompting - Rates/Options
This prompting system includes:
- Computerized prompting workstation.
- Two 15" Monitors mounted on Stands
- Qualified prompter operator (deliver, setup, and operate)
- Per 10 hour day = $900
- These rates are for NON-LIVE video shoots.
Live video prompting would fall under our live/stage rates.
See our page on stage prompting solutions.
- Our rates are PORTAL to PORTAL from San Francisco
- There is no half day rate for over shoulder prompting
- Mileage is charged at the going rate for shoots outside of San Francisco
- Parking charges will be added to invoice unless other arrangements are made
- Please familiarize yourself will all of our Terms and Conditions.
A little more detail: How it works.
- By placing a monitor just upstage (by inches) in the exact eyeline of each talent to the other, it's very difficult for the camera to see that the actors aren't speaking directly to each other, but are instead, reading the lines of the prompter that are just to one side of the other actor's head.
- A properly placed wide shot will add to the illusion, as will making sure that the talent does NOT glance back and forth between the text and the other talent's eyes. (Darting eyes are easier to notice than those just focused.)
- The prompter operator's role is crucial to the success of this method, as there are constant adjustments to make sure eye lines are correct as framing and scenes change. Extra time should be alloted to allow for such adjustments with each different setup.
- This method is especially useful for dramatic 're-enactments' of dialoge and 'legalese' heavy text where the words must be spoken precisely as written. Medical training videos are a good example of where this might come into play.